13 Mar 2012

Notorious B.I.G. - "Miss U"

 

March 9th, 2012 was the 15th anniversary of the passing of one of my favourite rappers, THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G. The man had great charisma and was always a fantastic storyteller that painted a vivid picture of what ever he was portraying be it a robbery, the struggle of growing up poor in Brooklyn, and even the meaning of success. Biggie Smalls deserved all the rap accolades he got.  


And of course, he made it on my TOP TEN: Rap Songs from New Yorkers with his schizophrenic masterpiece "Gimme the Loot." (check it out!)

To commemorate this date, here are some of my favourite Biggie Smalls songs (all NSFW):


"Miss U" (from 1997's "Life After Death" album):



"Things Done Changed" (from 1994's "Ready to Die" album):


"I Got a Story to Tell" (from "Life After Death"): 



"Suicidal Thoughts" (from "Ready to Die"):


No comments:

Post a Comment