5 Dec 2012

Totally Untrue Origins of Rap Names: EMINEM

Marshall Bruce Mathers III saw a small piece of trash, carelessly floating in the wind before his eyes. He immediately thought to himself:

"And this wrapper was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever... But it helps me remember, and I need to remember, sometimes here's so much beauty in the world I fell like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in"

From then on, Marshall took that discarded wrapper floating in the wind as a sign to pursue a new career path as a rapper, calling himself "Milk Chocolate M&Ms".  He later shortened it down to Eminem.


No comments:

Post a Comment